AMI is looking to hire an ambitious and talented Programme Manager to join our team in Nairobi as we expand our portfolio of business and organisational clients in East Africa.
You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun in the process. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
About the Job
The Programme Manager must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills, and the ability to analyse a business and understand its learning and development needs.
The successful candidate will play three key roles in joining the dots between our world-class content and business clients on the ground:
- S/he will analyse new business clients to understand their learning and development needs, working with sales managers to design customized programmes and packages, and adapting content to meet specific needs where necessary.
- The Programme Manager will be the lead on client learning programs, liaising with clients to ensure that all logistics are organized for workshops and also act as an AMI’s facilitator for certain in-person workshops, working with the Chief Learning Officer to identify and train new facilitators and to constantly improve and update blended learning processes.
- The Programme Manager will also act as an AMI’s facilitator for certain in-person workshops, and will work with the Chief Learning Officer to identify, train and manage our facilitator network in East Africa
Business Analysis and Client Support |
- Work with business development team to analyse the learning and development needs of new and potential business clients
- Support business development with proposals and closing of deals
- Allocate resources to support company programmes, ensuring account managers are fully briefed and facilitators appropriately trained
- Customise materials, including courses, resources, case studies and activities, as appropriate for key business clients.
- Build engagement strategies and on-boarding plans to build engagement with new clients
- Periodic ‘analysis’ of progress of company programmes and strategies to improve metrics
Programme Management |
- Develop and manage programs plans for client learning programs
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Work with clients to select participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with Chief Learning Officer to identify, select and train new facilitators and to provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would need to deliver workshops
Skills & attributes:
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse a range of businesses, and identify learning and development needs
- Ability to identify business challenges and turn them in to learning and development solutions
- Outstanding Program Management skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to liaise confidently with clients, and create/customise content that is high-quality, practical and relevant
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa.Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management teams, entry-level staff and small-scale entrepreneurs. Ability to train other facilitators
- Understanding of the management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development in East Africa
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Program Management skills (essential)
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
Joining Date: June 2016
Employment Status: Full-time. 3-month trial period.
Remuneration: Competitive retainer, attractive bonus and commission.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Please send a CV and cover letter to Joan Kamau, the General Manager East Africa at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be suitable for this role, including salary details for your last job. Please also send any questions about the role to this address. This position will be filled on rolling basis.