The Content Associate – French (Intern) will play a very important role within AMI supporting the Chief Product Officer and the Content Manager with content development working on AMI’s content development team. The PA will help to build, test and support the core courses, case studies, tools, and other content being developed within AMI. A core element of this role will be in supporting the translation of our core learning platform and 15-20 of AMI’s innovative courses in to French.
The Content Associate will work under the Chief Product Officer in the product team and report directly to the Content Manager.
Content production support | Support the Content Manager in the content development process, including project management, production support, quality assurance and publishing final content within a learning platform.
Project Management | Support in management of content production and promotion processes
- Support the Content Manager with general project management of course development. Including: understanding project plans, communicating with parties to ensure deadlines are met and tracking the progress of all content inputs. PA will report to CM where required on milestones and deliverables.
- Support the CM in the development of key course inputs including editing content maps, scripts, summaries, videos and all supporting resources. This will include some topic research.
- Support the CM in quality assurance processes and tracking of core content assets as they flow through the production process, including liaising where necessary with subject experts, video designers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Upload, tag and publish final content within learning platform, including uploading and testing formal and informal assessments and competency tools.
- Archive of final content assets (maintain content libraries).
- Support in the management and quality assurance of a large-scale project for French translation
Production Support | Maintain the content production guides and course resources templates (under direction of CM and CPO)
- Production of some guide visuals in support of subject experts, CM and/or clients, where required (presentation software and basic graphic editing/design)
- Edit final audio lessons (basic audio editing)
Publish and Structure | Follow AMI publication procedures to publish final content within video hosting platform and within the learning system. Structure courses, create assessments and upload all supporting resources.
Job role:Content Associate – French (intern)
Employment Status: Full-time
Remuneration: Based on experience
Joining Date: July 2019
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- French language – excellent (fluent or native speaker)
- Project Management | Develops/follows project plans, coordinates projects, completes projects on time and on budget. Create and maintain sequencing of projects, prioritization and multi-tasking. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills. Problem solving and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Copy editing and word processing | Excellent English and French language skills, attention to detail and ability to edit copy. Advanced word processing skills with ability to edit and format large volumes of text based documents.
- Digital Media Production | Knowledge of design software (excellent presentation software skills, graphic design software (Adobe)) – Desired. Ability to create visual representations of concepts. Ability to grasp new technology quickly. Familiar with key social media platforms and tools.
- Technology | Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe as a minimum. Additional tech skills an asset.
- Communication | Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business Administration, Digital Media, Computer Science or related fields considered. Significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree level qualification
- Excellent French language skills (fluent or native speaker)
For more details or to apply for the above role, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.