About AMI and the job:
AMI is a social business pioneering a scalable approach to workplace learning for Africa. We use a blended approach, combining a mobile app, in-person workshops and on-the-job practice to help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and job seekers advance their careers.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We have successfully raised investment, established offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg, engaged an impressive portfolio of clients in East, West and Southern Africa, and trained over 20,000 individuals through 65 blended learning programmes in 11 African countries.
AMI is looking for an ambitious and talented Digital Media Specialist to join our team in Nairobi, supporting teams in Kenya, Rwanda and South Africa. S/he will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing with a dotted line to Country Managers of Rwanda and South Africa.
The successful candidate will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a great opportunity for a digital media specialist with a passion for digital media and transforming Africa.
About AMI and the job:
The Digital Media Specialist will be charged with managing AMI’s digital media platforms and executing the digital media marketing strategy across markets. The candidate will also be responsible for providing comprehensive analytics, data presentations, and resource management reports of deliverables in the strategy. Successful candidates will have experience with communication, branding, imaging, marketing and digital media.
The successful candidate will focus on building brand awareness and client engagement online.
- Plan, execute and oversee all the digital media strategy for the company to build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and increase conversions.
- Creation of relevant and digitally optimized content.
- Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt current process to fit client needs.
- Proficiency in managing media buying accounts on AdWords, Facebook and Native traffic, Affiliate ad networks sources/platforms – (primary proficiency).
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for campaign structuring, targeting to meet performance goals.
- Monitor campaign delivery, performance and margin to ensure all targets are met. Generate reports of key metrics from campaigns.
Utilize, strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
Job role: Digital Media Specialist
Employment status: Full-time
Remuneration: Based on experience
Start date: ASAP
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Manage others: Not immediately
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr etc.) and how they can be engaged.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
- Demonstrated history of working in a fast-paced environment while delivering multiple projects on schedule, on budget and with no errors.
- Public relations, marketing, sales, community management experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications/English, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or Design.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.