The Product Manager will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and be responsible for the overall product development related to AMI’s learning application(s). In coordination with the CPO, the Product Manager will spend time with customers and prospects (and do significant user testing), lay out strategic roadmaps for product development, detailed scoping of core functionality, and coordination of the development teams to deploy finished product. You will be the intersection of business needs, user experience and technology.
The PM will also have a role in managing the product associates who look after engagement and technical support for the learning application. The PM will ensure technical support processes and documentation are in order.
- Development of core technical product
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Responsible for defining scope of development for new product features and on-going feature enhancements including all management of backlog and project management activities.
- Responsible for writing and prioritizing stories – including development of some basic wireframes and mock-ups
- Product communication and user feedback loops
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases
- Conducts technology product training across the business
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product
- Manage technical product team
- Manage the workstreams of Product Associates to deliver seemless user support, user feedback and critical platform testing
Job role: Product Manager
Employment Status: Full-time
Remuneration: Based on experience
Joining Date: ASAP
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Manage others: Yes
- Strong interpersonal skills | As someone influencing several departments and seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders, you need strong interpersonal skills. You will be an effective communicator at all levels.
- Strategic thinking | You will need to analyse and implement the strategic roadmap for the product and make difficult decisions. You will be able to understand business needs and translate them in to development priorities and plans.
- Analytical skills | You will need to research and analyse market, platform and user feedback data and make use data to influence decision making
- Technical product management | Familiar with Scrum and Agile project development, able to create user stories, wireframes, mock-ups, able to manage team of developers and prod dev cycle.
- Initiative and execution of tasks | MUST be able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
- Personal | Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in information management, computer science, or related field. Significant experience will be considered in lieu of degree level qualification
- Experience in technical project management
- Experience in data analysis, project management and user feedback are an asset.
For more details or to apply for the above role, please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role, to email@example.com.