ABOUT AMI AND THE JOB:
AMI is a pan-African entrepreneurial social business that empowers African managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals through practical and accessible learning and development tools.
We help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, we help entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and we help professionals develop new skills and advance their careers. We have developed Africa’s first online social learning platform (web and mobile), and combine cutting-edge technology, world-class content, in-person workshops and an innovative peer accountability process.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We are looking for an ambitious and talented Senior Accounts Manager to lead in the implementation of cutting-edge blended learning programmes as the core ‘face of AMI’ to our clients. A Senior Accounts Manager will: manage core client relationships for ongoing programmes, plan and deliver engaging learning programs end-to-end, review core learning outcomes and metrics (and problem solve on the fly!) and facilitate select client in-person learning sessions.
The Senior Account Manager will report to the Chief Product Officer and will work in a team of Account Managers and Associates, and with the learning and business development teams, to support clients across East Africa. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
The Senior AM must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation and understand its learning and development needs.
The successful candidate will play four key roles in joining the dots between our world-class learning programmes and business clients on the ground:
- S/he will manage core client relationships within learning programmes: Support to analyse new business clients learning and development needs and manage client relations from implementation through to renewal.
- Plan and deliver engaging learning programs end-to-end: Be the lead on client learning programs, build implementation plans, and manage core logistics and programming for both online and face-to-face components of AMI’s blended learning programmes.
- Ensure programmes have impact and are valued by clients: Evaluate core learning outcomes and metrics within learning programmes and adapt design and delivery to resolve issues in real time.
- Act as an AMI facilitator for certain in-person workshops and work with the Learning Designer to manage our facilitator network in East Africa
Manage client relationships and provide client support |
- The Senior Account Manager will:
- Support the Learning Designer and Sales teams to analyse new business clients to understand their learning and development needs and to design customized programmes and packages.
- Support business development with proposals and closing of deals
- Manage client relations from implementation through to renewal by working with the sales team to ensure an effective handover, communicating regularly and providing periodic reporting and updates.
- Allocate resources to support company programmes, ensuring account managers are fully briefed and facilitators appropriately trained
- Ensure effective end of programme reporting and manage clients through to conclusion and/or renewal
Programme Management |
- As a Senior AM, s/he will take a lead role in supporting the AM team to develop and manage programs plans for client learning programs:
- Complete customised programme designs (including any content and session updates)
- Build engagement strategies and on-boarding plans to build engagement with new clients
- Support and develop project and engagement plans for blended learning
- Work with clients to select participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Analyse programme data and feedback to ensure core programme metrics and targets are being met (adapt as necessary)
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Collect and analyse impact and learning data. Compile impact and client reports
- Work with the Learning Designer to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with the Learning Designer to manage and provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would need
Job role: Senior Account Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, 6-month probation period
Remuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Joining Date: April 2019
Employment status: Full-time employment
Location: Kenya with some travel within Africa as required
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse learning and development needs
- Ability to identify business challenges and turn them in to learning and development solutions
- Outstanding Programme Management skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to liaise confidently with clients
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Training and facilitation skills preferred but not essential
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management and small-scale entrepreneurs
- Understanding of the management education/ corporate training in East Africa
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Proven programme Management skills and experience (essential)
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. This job specification is being issued in January 2019, with a view to identifying a suitable person to begin by February/March 2019. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.