AMI is a social business pioneering a scalable approach to workplace learning for Africa. We use a blended approach, combining a mobile app, in-person workshops and on-the-job practice to help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and job seekers advance their careers.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We have successfully raised investment, established offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg, engaged an impressive portfolio of clients in East, West and Southern Africa, and trained over 20,000 individuals through 65 blended learning programmes in 11 African countries. AMI is currently focused on B2B and large projects.
AMI is looking for a high achieving, ambitious Graduate Intern to join our team in Sandton, Johannesburg for 6 months and help us drive our expansion. There is potential for this role to be extended or made permanent based on the individual’s performance. This role will report to the GM with day-to-day support from other team members.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a great opportunity for a bright and driven graduate with a passion for learning and business growth to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
About the job
The AMI team in Johannesburg is looking for a graduate with previous experience in an office environment to help us build our investor-backed startup. This is a position for an achievement-oriented all-rounder, and the successful candidate should expect to support all elements of AMI’s business, as required. Some of the key areas of responsibility are:
- Conduct desktop research to identify high potential clients for AMI Southern Africa
- Source specific contact details for relevant contacts at high potential clients (weekly target will be set – this will require creativity and hustle!)
- Work with GM to reach out to these clients via phone and email
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
- Develop and manage list of promotional partners for AMI events and open learning programmes
- Identify new channels for sharing information on AMI events and open learning programmes
- Support co-ordination of marketing collateral creation (everything from printing to scheduling the filming of client testimonials!)
- Support the AMI SA Programme Manager on all elements of programme co-ordination (venue, catering, printing, facilitator support)
- Support the Programme Manager on learner management as required
- Support administration relating to accredited programmes (e.g. compiling materials to be sent to accrediting body, following up on certificates, certificate distribution etc)
- Support the GM on industry event co-ordination (venue, catering, marketing, management of events on the day)
AND – Get Creative! Come up with great ideas to help us grow our presence in the region, and make them happen!
Nature of role: 6 month-long internship, potential for extension or permanent role based on performance.
Start Date: ASAP or Feb/March 2019
Employment Status: Full-time
Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Remuneration: R10 – 15 000 per month depending on experience
Manage Others: Not immediately
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and driven – high achievement orientation
- Ability to generate new leads (hustle!)
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment – adaptable and flexible
- Rock-solid integrity
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with strong academic performance
- Evidence of interest in business/ start-up environment
- Evidence of leadership skills (e.g. relevant extra-curricular activities)
- Multiple degrees will be considered
- At least 12 months prior experience in a business/office environment (may have taken place through vacation work over period of degree)
Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter to email@example.com. Any queries may be sent to this address.
Role closes 31 January 2019.
Interview invitations will be made by 6 February.
Interviews held in Sandton 12-14 February
Follow up discussions/ offer made thereafter
Applications that do not have a CV or a cover letter indicating your specific interest in this role at AMI Southern Africa will not be considered. This means that a cover letter should not be generic – it must refer to your suitability to this role, and this company, or it will not be considered.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.