AMI is expanding rapidly and is looking for an ambitious Senior Business Development Manager to join our team in Nairobi as we expand our portfolio of business and organisational clients in East Africa. S/he will report to the General Manager, East Africa as a senior member of a team of BD Managers and Associates.
The successful candidate will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a great opportunity for a business development star with a passion for learning and business growth to play a part in Africa’s transformation.
About the Job
The Senior Business Development Manager will be a driven and ambitious business development professional who consistently beats targets and loves solving problems and delivering value for potential clients. S/he must be a driven self-starter; a tech-savvy professional with great people and project skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation, understand its learning and development needs and work with our world-class learning design team to scope and sell a solution.
The successful candidate will focus on building and managing AMI’s portfolio of mid-large clients. This will include both partner organisations (intermediaries such as business associations) and corporations.
Responsibilities Sales |
o Strengthen AMI’s pipeline of partner organisations and businesses (B2B) in Kenya
o Achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly sales targets
o Understand business needs and work with the learning team to craft solutions
o Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
o Identify new market segments and opportunities; Work with the learning and product teams to develop new products to meet the needs of these segments
o Manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals
o Work closely with the rest of the Business Development team to develop and improve on best practices & processes.
Client management |
o Work collaboratively with the learning team to devise strategies that meet the client’s needs and budget o Work with programme management teams to manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle and beyond
o Manage client contract renewals and pricing
- A drive and tenacity to develop completely new sales
- Ability to identify and help solve problems for potential clients
- Ability to generate new leads and relationships and systematically convert those leads into deals
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contracts with mid and large corporate clients
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 5+ years business development experience, specifically selling consulting or business services (B2B)
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle
- Direct experience working on client accounts
- Experience writing business documents such as proposals and training presentations
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM systems desired
Start Date: September 2018
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Status: Full-time. 6-month trial period.
Remuneration: competitive retainer, attractive bonus and commission.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.
Download Job Description Senior Business Development Manager September 2018