AMI is a pan-African entrepreneurial social business that empowers African Managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals through practical and accessible learning and development tools. We help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, we help entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and we help professionals develop new skills and advance their careers. We have developed Africa’s first online social learning platform (web and mobile), and combine cutting- edge technology, world-class content, in-person workshops and an innovative peer accountability process.
AMI is expanding rapidly. We are looking for a reliable Administrator/Account Assistant. S/he will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently. The Administrator/Account Assistant will report to the General Manager East Africa. S/he will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. At AMI, we work hard, innovate constantly and have fun in the process. Ideally we are looking for a candidate who offers a naturally positive attitude and warm demeanor. S/he must be creative and be passionate about maintaining a fun and professional atmosphere.
The Administrator/Account Assistant position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are passionate about office administration and book keeping procedures and want to create a fun, nourishing workplace, this position is for you.
- S/he will take ownership of the day to day operational delivery of administrative services, ensuring that quality service is provided to all employees and stakeholders in line with business policies & procedures.
- S/he will handle bookkeeping and compliance for the organization
- S/he will handle employee relations supported by the General Manager
General Administrative Support|
- Successfully collect, store, and manage important documentation in both electronic and hard copy format through a clear and concise reference
- Ensure supplier details are kept up to date and payments effectively
- Oversee overall office administration – acquisition of licenses, cleaning, supplies
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (email, letters, packages)
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
Book Keeping & Compliance |
Responsible for managing sales invoicing, supplier invoices for payment, staff expenses and petty cash and bank.
- Preparesales invoices in accordance with customer contracts, code and issue them to customers and record in sales invoice register
- Monitor and chase up payment of sales invoices
- Obtain budget holder approval for purchase invoicesreceived and save these in monthly supplier invoice folder (for processing)
- Ensure that supplier invoices are received for all payments made
- Manage local petty cash.
- Ensure all payments are in line with accounts policy
- Support documentation is received for all payments.
- Ensure payments and receipts are recorded in the petty cash book, the petty cash book is analysed for processing each month, and the petty cash on hand is counted and reconciled each week.
- Keep a record of all monies deposited in the bank and all payments made.
- Reconcile the bank accountbalances to AMI records at the end of each month
- Liaise with local accountant on payment of suppliers, payroll, employment taxes & VAT
- Liaise with AMI head office accountant to ensure that all transactions are submitted for processing and answering any queries that arise
Employee Relations |
- Ensure health and safety requirements are properly implemented and regularly monitored
- Support the General Manager to track staff leave, attendance and disciplinary matters
- Support the new staff through on-boarding and the entrenchment of the company culture
- Organize staff activities to ensure that staff are motivated, and a healthy open culture is maintained.
- Conduct employee engagement surveys and guide management to ensure employees remain
Skills & attributes:
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and Ability to liaise confidently with suppliers.
- Ms Office – demonstrates high proficiency in Ms Word, Ms Excel, and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills – must be highly organised, have the ability to prioritise work
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own work streams
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management
- Understanding of the management education/ corporate training in East Africa – added advantage
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as office administrator, account assistance or relevant role.
- Prior experience of cash handling, bank reconciliation, sales and purchases processes (essential)
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles (essential)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
Employment Status: Full time 6 month probation period
Joining Date: June 2018
Rumuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.