AMI is expanding rapidly. We are looking for an ambitious and talented Programme Manager to adapt our world-class content to the meet the needs of our business clients, project-manage client learning programs end-to-end, manage our network of facilitators, and facilitate select client in-person learning sessions.
We are hiring a Programme Manager for both Nairobi and Johannesburg. The Kenya PM will report to the General Manager East Africa and the Johannesburg PM will report to the General Manager South Africa. They will work with a team of Programme Managers and Associates, and with the learning and business development teams, to support clients. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
About the job
The Programme Manager must be a driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with great people and project-managing skills, and the ability to analyse a business and understand its learning and development needs.
1) S/he will analyse new business clients to understand their learning and development needs, working with sales managers to design customized programmes and packages, and adapting content to meet specific needs where necessary.
2) The Programme Manager will be the lead on client learning programs, liaising with clients to ensure that all logistics are organized for workshops and also act as an AMI’s facilitator for certain in-person workshops, working with the Chief Learning Officer to identify and train new facilitators and to constantly improve and update blended learning processes.
3) The Programme Manager will also act as an AMI facilitator for certain in-person workshops and will work with the Chief Learning Officer to identify, train and manage our facilitator network.
Business Analysis and Client Support |
- Work with business development team to analyse the learning and development needs of new and potential business clients
- Support business development with proposals and closing of deals
- Allocate resources to support company programmes, ensuring account managers are fully briefed and facilitators appropriately trained
- Customise materials, including courses, resources, case studies and activities, as appropriate for key business clients.
- Build engagement strategies and on-boarding plans to build engagement with new clients.
- Periodic ‘analysis’ of progress of company programmes and strategies to improve metrics.
Programme Management |
- Develop and manage programs plans for client learning programs
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Work with clients to select participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Collect and analyse impact and learning data. Compile impact and client reports
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer and Learning and Talent Manager to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with the Talent and Learning Manager to identify, select and train new facilitators and to provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse learning and development needs
- Ability to identify business challenges and turn them into learning and development solutions
- Outstanding Programme Management skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to liaise confidently with clients
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Training and facilitation skills preferred but not essential
- Ability and confidence to work with senior management and small-scale entrepreneurs
- Understanding of the management education/ corporate training.
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Proven programme Management skills and experience (essential)
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
Kenya: May 2018
South Africa: May or June 2018
Kenya: Nairobi with some travel within Africa as required.
South Africa: Johannesburg with some travel within Africa
Employment Status: Full-time, 6-month probation period
Remuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the location you are applying to being either Kenya or South Africa. This job specification is being issued in March 2018, with a view to identifying a suitable person to begin by May 2018 for Kenya and May or June 2018 for South Africa. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to email@example.com.
Download Job Description Programme Manager Kenya
Download Job Description Programme Manager South Africa
Click here to visit our main website