AMI is expanding rapidly and is looking for ambitious and talented Business Development Managers to join our team in Johannesburg as we expand our portfolio of business and organisational clients in Southern Africa. S/he will report to the General Manager, Southern Africa as part of a growing BD team.
The successful candidate will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun. This is a great opportunity for a sales star with a passion for learning and development to play a part in Southern Africa’s transformation.
Role: Business Development Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Southern Africa
About the Job
The Business Development Manager will be an aggressive and ambitious sales professional who consistently beats targets and sets the agenda in his or her sector. S/he must be a driven self-starter; a tech-savvy professional with great people and project skills, and the ability to analyse an organisation, understand its learning and development needs and work with our world-class learning design team to scope and sell a solution.
The successful candidate will focus on building and managing AMI’s portfolio of mid-large clients. This will include both partner organisations (intermediaries such as business associations) and corporations.
- Achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Strengthen AMI’s pipeline of partner organisations and businesses (B2B) in South Africa
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
- Manage the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals
- Make presentations, negotiate and close deals with support from senior staff
- Upsell AMI products to existing clients
- Work closely with the rest of the Business Development team to develop and improve on best practices & processes
Client management |
- Work collaboratively with the learning team to devise strategies that meet the client’s needs and budget
- Work with programme management teams to manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle and beyond
- Manage client contract renewals and pricing
- Support partner organisations in marketing workshops and other AMI products to constituents
Skills & attributes:
- Proven success in consultative sales and B2B business development
- A drive and tenacity to develop completely new sales
- Ability to generate new leads and relationships and systematically convert those leads into deals
- Ability to negotiate pricing and contracts with mid and large corporate clients
- Ability to sell management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Clear and effective communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong people skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years sales experience, specifically selling consulting or business services (B2B)
- Documented success managing a full sales cycle
- Direct experience working on client accounts
- Experience writing business documents such as proposals and training presentations
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Experience using Sales force or other CRM systems desired
Joining Date: Early 2018
Employment Status: Full-time. 6-month trial period.
Remuneration: Competitive base salary, attractive commission
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Please send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.