AMI is expanding rapidly. We have successfully raised investment, established offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg, engaged clients in East, West and Southern Africa, and in the process reached over 25,000 individuals in over 25 countries in Africa. AMI is now looking for a Marketing & Communications Manager to lead our marketing strategy and make AMI the leading brand in workplace learning across the continent.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be based at AMI’s office in Nairobi and will work with the leadership team as well as local teams in Nairobi, Johannesburg and Lagos. This is a mid to senior position for someone with extensive experience in business-to-business and multi-stakeholder marketing and communications, and a willingness to get stuck into a fast-moving entrepreneurial business. It’s a chance for a marketing star with a passion for unlocking Africa’s potential to contribute to the continent’s transformation.
About the Job
The Marketing & Communications Manager must be a creative, driven, organized, tech-savvy professional with superlative writing and design abilities. S/he must be able to translate complex learning theory into copy that sings, and create documents and campaigns that put AMI on the map – all on a limited budget.
The successful candidate will:
• Lead development and implementation of the company’s marketing strategy to support broader objectives
• Oversee the marketing budget across regions, working with local general managers
• Create & maintain all marketing materials, including company & product brochures, website front pages, presentation templates, reports and other collateral
• Develop and update our library of client case studies and testimonials, including text/images and video
• Manage lead generation campaigns across platforms to support local sales strategies
• Manage and expand AMI’s content marketing & digital presence to generate in-bound inquiries (blog, newsletter, social media), and ensure website is fully optmised
• Manage PR across regions, working with local agencies where relevant – write press releases, feature articles, columns and other articles
• Manage production of research and other thought leadership pieces
• Work with business develop team on sales proposals and presentations
• Work with CEO on larger proposals and funding opportunities
• Manage AMI’s brand and messaging, ensuring consistency across offices
• Support local teams on planning and coverage of all public events
Skills & attributes:
- Ability to think strategically and creatively but execute methodically – eye on the big picture but unflinching attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and design skills – must write copy that sings and have a real eye for design
- Deep understanding of B2B marketing and communications in an African context
- Ability to identify and understand different customer segments and craft appropriate messaging
- Great verbal communicator – ability to build relationships with stakeholders at an executive level and to represent AMI publicly
- Strong Project Management and organisational skills
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate while maintaining deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing and communications, with at least 3 years in B2B (essential)
- Experience working in Africa, ideally Kenya (essential)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Experience working with Adobe suite, as well as social media and content management platforms (e.g. Hootsuite, Hubspot etc)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experienceAMI will consider candidates from any country, but must be willing to live and work in Kenya and be free to travel elsewhere in Africa.
Joining Date: March 2017
Employment Status: Full-time. 6-month trial period.
Remuneration: Competitive & commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya. Some travel required.
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . This job specification is being issued in November 2016, with a view to identifying a suitable person to begin by March 2017. We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible, explaining why you would be suitable for this role and providing current salary details. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.
Download Job Description for Marketing and Communications Manager
Click here to visit our main website