AMI is looking for an ambitious and talented Senior Programme Manager to oversee a specific pilot project to develop online courses and train young unemployed people in Kenya in practical work skills and to place them in semi-skilled jobs in target industries.
The Senior Programme Manager will be based at AMI’s office in Nairobi and will work with AMI’s senior leadership team in Kenya and globally to deliver this high profile programme. S/he should have extensive experience in learning/training and project management, ideally with some experience in curriculum design and content development. Ideally we are looking for one person to oversee all aspects of the programme as a full-time consultant with a possible view to permanent employment. Alternatively, we would consider breaking the role into separate part-time roles for candidates with different strengths. We welcome applications from anyone with a passion for addressing the skills gap among African youth, with strong experience in programme management at a senior level and a solid understanding of how business works.
1. Research: Conduct additional research to refine the initial project scope and to identify the specific niche focus of this programme. This will include desk-top and interview-based research.
Build industry partnerships to ensure content relevance and for eventual placement of participants.
3. Learning design:
Work with AMI’s learning team to design a high-impact blended learning programme, using AMI’s platform, content methodology and train-the-trainer facilitator approach. Design impact framework to measure success.
4. Project planning:
Develop a detailed project plan, including resource allocation. Manage additional hiring needs.
5. Content development:
Work with AMI’s content team and external subject matter experts to develop a series of engaging online courses and accompanying learning material for use in the programme.
6. Programme management:
Oversee implementation of the learning programme, including logistics management, training of facilitators and participant outreach.
Skills & attributes:
- Outstanding Project/Programme Management skills at a very senior level
- Strong research & analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse different sectors
- Strong understanding of work-based competencies. Ability to break down job roles within sectors and to identify training and development needs
- Strong learning design skills. Ability to design a learning programme that leverages AMI’s existing methodologies but meets the training needs of a specific sector and the learning styles of our target participants
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to build partnerships with stakeholders at an executive level, and to write concise and engaging programme reports
- Driven, independent, self-motivated, results-focused and able to take full ownership of a large programme
- Ability to design and develop training curriculum and materials, working with subject matter and production experts
- Excellent training and facilitation skills. Ability to train other facilitators
- Strong people management skills – ability to identify, train and motivate a small team, and to work laterally across AMI’s various functional departments in different locations
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 8 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Experience managing large programmes and budgets of several hundred thousand dollars (essential)
- Experience designing and implementing learning programmes (essential)
- Facilitation experience (essential)
- Content development experience (preferred)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
Joining Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Initially consultancy, with possible view to permanent employment
Remuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya. Some travel within East Africa required.
Download the full job description below and if you are excited by our vision and think you have the right skills, please send a CV and cover letter including salary details for your last job to email@example.com. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis so please submit ASAP explaining why you would be suitable for this role.