The African Management Initiative is looking for an ambitious and talented Learning Project Manager to adapt our world-class content to the meet the needs of our business clients, project-manage client learning programs end-to-end, manage our network of facilitators, and facilitate select client in-person learning sessions.
The Learning Project Manager will report to the Managing Director of AMI South Africa, and will work closely with the business development team to support clients across Southern Africa. You will be a key player in a dynamic, international team focused obsessively on results. We work hard, innovate constantly and have fun in the process. This is a chance for someone with a passion for learning, technology, development and business growth to be part of Africa’s transformation. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with experience in business consulting, training, management education or learning and development.
Business Analysis and Client Support |
- Work with business development team to analyse the learning and development needs of new and potential business clients
- Support business development with proposals and closing of deals
- Allocate resources to support company programmes, ensuring account managers are fully briefed and facilitators appropriately trained
- Customise materials, including courses, resources, case studies and activities, as appropriate for key business clients.
- Build engagement strategies and on-boarding plans to build engagement with new clients.
- Periodic ‘analysis’ of progress of company programmes and strategies to improve metrics.
Project Management |
- Develop and manage project plans for client learning programs
- Book venues and manage all logistics related to learning programs
- Work with clients to select participants and register them on the AMI platform
- Liaise with clients throughout learning programs to ensure programs run smoothly and issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Work with the Chief Learning Officer to constantly develop and improve AMI’s blended learning strategy and processes
Facilitator Network Management |
- Work with Chief Learning Officer to identify, select and train new facilitators and to provide ongoing support and assessment for existing facilitators
- Manage allocation of facilitators for AMI’s busy schedule of workshops
- Facilitate select client workshops (with training/support from Chief Learning Officer)
- Create training manuals and other supporting documents for facilitators that they would need to deliver workshops
Skills & attributes:
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand and analyse a range of businesses, and identify learning and development needs
- Ability to identify business challenges and turn them in to learning and development solutions
- Outstanding Project Management skills
- Ability to develop and implement replicable processes
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal. Ability to liaise confidently with clients, and create/customise content that is high-quality, practical and relevant
- Strong people skills – ability to work with a diverse, high-performing team across Africa.
- Independent, self-motivated and able to take full ownership of own workstreams
- Training and facilitation skills. Ability and confidence to work with senior management teams, entry-level staff and small-scale entrepreneurs. Ability to train other facilitators
- Understanding of the management education, corporate training and/or enterprise development in South Africa
- A commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation and accountability
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in business consulting, company training, enterprise development or management education (essential)
- Project Management skills (essential)
- Facilitation experience (preferred)
- Experience working in entrepreneurial or high-growth environment (essential)
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent experience
Joining Date: February/March 2016
Employment Status: Full-time.
Remuneration: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa. Some travel within Africa required.
Download the full job description below and if you are excited by our vision and think you have the right skills, please send a CV and cover letter including salary details for your last job to Klara Michal, the Managing Director of AMI South Africa, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis so please submit ASAP explaining why you would be suitable for this role.