The African Management Initiative is looking for an ambitious and talented Product Associate who will play a very important role within AMI supporting the Chief Product Officer and the Content Manager with product development working on both AMI’s learning technology platform and on content development. The Product Associate (PA) will help to build, test and support the core products being developed within AMI.
The Product Associate will be under the Chief Product Officer in the product team and report directly to the Content Manager.
Content production support | Support the content manager in the content development process, including project management, production support, quality assurance and publishing final content within a learning platform.
- Project Management | Support in management of content production and promotion processes
- Support the Content Manager with general project management of course development. Including: understanding project plans, communicating with parties to ensure deadlines are met and tracking the progress of all content inputs. PA will report to CM where required on milestones and deliverables.
- Support the CM in the development of key course inputs including editing content maps, scripts, summaries, videos and all supporting resources. This will include some topic research.
- Support the CM in quality assurance processes and tracking of core content assets as they flow through the production process, including liaising where necessary with subject experts, video designers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Upload, tag and publish final content within learning platform, including uploading and testing formal and informal assessments and competency tools.
- Archive of final content assets (maintain content libraries).
- Maintain the content production guides and course resources templates (under direction of CM and CPO)
- Production of some guide visuals in support of subject experts, CM and/or clients, where required (presentation software and basic graphic editing/design)
- Edit final audio lessons (basic audio editing)
- Publish and Structure | Follow AMI publication procedures to publish final content within video hosting platform and within the learning system. Structure courses, create assessments and upload all supporting resources.
Technology | Support AMI product team in development, testing, administration and user support of AMI’s learning technology platform.
Under the direction of the Content Manager, the PA will:
- Provide first line support to AMI clients with regard to technical support queries
- Perform user testing on new and existing features on the platform, new and existing courses and ongoing testing on all aspects of the technology
- Provide support to the CM and CPO in the administration of the learning platform, including, but not limited to:
- User administration – create, edit, delete and manage users and user subscriptions
- Community administration – create, edit, delete, test and manage AMI client communities
- Course administration – create, edit, delete, test and manage AMI courses
- Resource administration – create, edit, delete, test and manage AMI online resources
- Reports – create, edit and analyse AMI client data reports as requested by AMI programme managers
- Documentation – create AMI technical documentation, including ‘How to’ manuals, videos and visual guides.
Joining Date: February 2016
Employment Status: Full-time.
Remuneration: Based on experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Download the full job description below and if you are excited by our vision and think you have the right skills, please send a CV and cover letter to Bronwen McConkey-Nwandu at email@example.com. Please also send any questions about the role to this address.
We will be assessing applications on a rolling basis so please submit ASAP explaining why you would be suitable for this role. Applications close on 13th January 2016.
Download Job Description for Product Associate
Click here to visit our main website