We’re excited to tell you about an exclusive new opportunity to accelerate your career or build your business. You are invited to become one of the first members of the African Management Initiative!
AMI now has over 10,000 managers, entrepreneurs and professionals in our network and we are growing fast. In ten years we plan for this network to exceed one million highly competent people committed to driving Africa’s growth.
Our next step on this journey is to launch AMI membership during 2015, beginning with a pilot in Nairobi, Kenya. We will be expanding to other regions later this year.
From less than $5 per month*, AMI members will have unlimited access to all AMI’s courses, certificates and library of 800 practical business tools, plus exclusive coaching, career and networking opportunities. You will have the option of following a personalised programme of learning and on-the-job application to be formally recognised as a Licensed Member of AMI. Read more about AMI membership below.
We are launching the pilot first in Kenya and if you live in Kenya, you have the opportunity to join us now to gain early recognition as one of Africa’s leading professionals.
Who can become an AMI member?
Anyone can become a member. Managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals can apply to become a LICENSED MEMBER by committing to following a personalized programme of learning and development.
Currently, membership is open to managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals in Kenya. We will soon be expanding to other markets – if you’re interested in joining and live in another country, please tell us! Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Why become an AMI member?
- If you’re a young professional, we can help you get that first job, or a leg up the career ladder, by helping you to improve your skills and career profile, and to showcase those skills to potential employers.
- If you’re a manager we can help you develop the skills and competence to get noticed at work, so you’ll be well placed for a promotion or a new job.
- If you’re an entrepreneur, we can help you develop the key skills, knowledge and networks you’ll need to build a great business.
What will I get as a Member of AMI?
- Unlimited access to courses from top business schools: All members will have unlimited access to over 30 AMI learning modules developed with Africa’s leading business schools (Strathmore Business School, Lagos Business School, Gordon Institute of Business Science at the University of Pretoria)
- Unlimited certificates for successful completion of courses: All certificates are included in the membership fee. Members will NOT pay the usual $25 certificate upgrade fee
- Practical downloadable tools: Access to a curated library of over 800 practical and searchable tools and resources, which members can download and use on the job (for example a cash-flow forecasting template, performance appraisal template, customer service checklist, etc).
- Formal recognition as one of Africa’s leading managers or entrepreneurs: All members can become an AMI Licensed Member by following a personalised programme of learning and practice that will be assessed by your peers (more details below). Licensed Members of AMI will be showcased to thousands of peers and potential employers across Africa.
- Profile: A personal profile on the AMI platform for members to showcase their achievements, skills and business to employers and peers across Africa (see screenshot attached) on the AMI website and on your own social networking pages.
- Group mentoring: Quarterly in-person meet-ups in Nairobi with networking opportunities and group mentoring from senior business leaders.
- Coaching: Access to the AMI iCoach, an online tool that identifies strengths and weaknesses, generates personalized learning journeys and helps users to set and monitor goals for themselves and their business. You will be able to share your personal progress on your profile, showcasing your achievements to thousands of employers and peers across Africa.
- Networking: Access to the AMI online membership communities, where users can connect with others across the continent. You will be able to join communities related to your interests, industries and seniority.
- Career & business building benefits (coming soon!): We are working on a range of partnerships with recruiters and employers to help promote and profile our members and link them to career opportunities that match their skills. We are also developing a range of partnerships with other organisations offering services to entrepreneurs and SMEs. These include banks, investors, incubators, accelerators and advisors. More information coming soon.
- While building your own career you will also be part of a community committed to helping others achieve excellence in African organisations. Help make tomorrow better for all in Africa by helping entrepreneurs and managers create the successes of the future.
How do I become a Licensed Member?
AMI members who choose to be licensed by AMI need to meet the following criteria:
- Sign a commitment to act professionally.
- Appoint an “accountability partner” and with his/her help, complete the iCoach process of planning and achieving your personal development goals
- Maintain your professional status by earning the required number of development points each year (in line with your own personal development plan).
- Participate in the AMI community, online and in-person. In the pilot phase this is the Nairobi meet-up. Other communities representing member interests will be added in due course.
Members will be entered on the register of licensed managers as soon as they commit to the above, and confirmed after completing a year.
How much does it cost?
We are offering a discounted annual membership of $50 (normal price $75) – less than $5 per month! – for this first pilot group. Places are limited so don’t delay. Email us using the form below.